My 93 y/o mother lost one of her hearing aids and went into the local Miracle Ear office. She had purchased these aids the year before.

She was persuaded to buy another pair for $10,000, and was told she needed them because they could go for 3 years without changing the battery and had 8 microphones and she should have a backup (the old one) in case she lost one. I heard about this before she picked them up and intervened to try to get her what she really wanted, which was a replacement for the lost one. She was happy with the current hearing aids and did not need a new pair and did not have any difficulty changing batteries when needed. She was over powered by the persistent sales tactics which I also experienced when I tried to straighten things out.

This was clearing taking advantage of a frail, elderly person, who was not able to resist a smooth talking salesman.

We don't have the replacement hearing aid yet and I ran into more resistance when I called today to see if they had received the written, notarized statement they required re: the lost hearing aid. I really resent the abusive sales tactics and the resistance to trying to get my mother what she needs.

Review about: Miracle Ear Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments