Flourtown, Pennsylvania
Not resolved

On 2/2211 I had a free hearing test at Miracle Ear. I was told I had a significant hearing loss and needed a hearing aid.

My contract said I could get a refund of full amount of $2545 minus $150, if I returned the device within 30 days. They told me it would take at least a week for the hearing aid to arrive at their office. I decided to get a second opinion. I called Bob Kiefer, who administered the test the next morning to cancel my order.

I left a message on the answering machine. When I didn't hear from him by the end of the day, I put my request in writing and left it in the office mailbox. My husband sent a letter to the Conshohocken office where I had gone requesting a refund. The letter was returned "address unknown." In the meantime, I was sent papers to request a refund which I completed and mailed.

This was also returned "address unknown." On 3/18/11 I had my second opinion hearing test with Dr. Marta Becker, MD who said I was not a candidate for hearing aids at this point. No need to return for 5 years. The papers Miracle Ear sent me from 1459 S.

Delsea Drive, Vineland, NJ were returned - "not deliverable as addressed." Still waiting for my money.

This appears to be a scam. Don't fall for their full page ads in the newspapers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Miracle Ear Hearing Test.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review


You will be automatically registered on our site. Username and password will be sent to you via email.
Post Comment

Yes you can return hearing aids because you changed your mind. No law saying that you can't as long as it's within the 45 day time period.


Regarding both of the above posts: 1. An ENT is an MD and as such, is perfectly (and perhaps better) qualified to ascertain the amount of hearing loss a person has.


Yes, as a matter of fact you CAN return hearing aids because you change your mind. It's the law in most states that you have 30 days, REGARDLESS of the reason.


MD's do not test hearing and do not have the training to do so. ENT's, Hearing Instrument Specialists or Audiologists test hearing. You need your kids to help you do things from now on....you may be getting too old.


You need to return the aids in person with the contract and receipts in hand. Aids cannot be returned solely for change of mind.

You May Also Like