In April, 2005, My 85 year old father went to Miracle Ear (a branch of Sears Dept. Store) to have his earring aids checked. As he was unaccompanied, they managed to talk him into buying a new pair for $4000.00. When he got home, he told me what had happened and told him that he should cancel it the next day. He called them up the next day, but was told that he could not cancel the order unless he made an appointment to do that, which would be a two week time period. He ultimately became afraid that he would have to pay the entire bill for earring aids that he never received so he cancelled the check at the bank.

Sears continue to insist that My dad owes them money for the earring aids he tried to chang him mind about purchasing and also I have spoken to them on the issue and they assured me that the would personally cancel his order and provided him with a confirmation letter they have not stood by their promise and continue to harrass my father insisting that he pays a cancellation fee although th order was never processed as they were aprised of the cancellation, the following day.

As I have been voicing my concerns about this situation I have found that my dad was not the first elderly person that this has happen to.

To date, Sears (Miracle Ears) continues to harrass him for the cancellation fee.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 07, 2007.

Comments

I returned a hearing aid that did not work for me on 8/27/12. I agreed that I owed $644.00 for services rendered and was told that I would receive $5796.00 credit on my Sears card in 6 to 8 weeks.

It has been over 8 weeks and I still have not received my credit. What do I have to do to get the credit?