3.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I am shopping around for my first hearing aids at 77 and wanted to take advantage of a junk-mail Miracle Ear offer for a free ham with a test. The experience was enlightening.

The pitch, from an extremely personable worker, emphasized fear and was pretty effective. The idea was that most people delayed (because of gradual hearing loss) until it was too late. The results, naturally, showed that I was on the line just above irreversibility and it would be best if I acted now! At the end of the 1.5 hour session, the pricing came out.

The aids topped out at $9500 (pair). I asked for his recommendation if price was not a factor, and was told the $8500 (pair) set would work well. When I expressed some sticker shock, he immediately dropped the price $2,000 and threw in a $400 recharger. Though his rationale for the drop was well reasoned, the speed was reminiscent of the way Kirby and Sears operate.

I will probably end up at Costco which has great reviews, staff does not work on commission and the manufacturer is the same one that supplies Miracle Ear. Got the ham coupon on the way out.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Miracle Ear. The most disappointing about miracle ear deal at Miracle Ear was pricing seemed high , but reviewer liked good staff. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Miracle Ear.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Medical Supplies and Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Miracle Ear to other companies on our site.

Comments